Everyone is feeling the pain at the pump! I hate when I have to look down at my gas guage and know that I need to stop for gas. The lowest I think it has gotten in the past few months was $3.09. There is however a silver lining companies are providing fuel perks and rewards and one such program is the Fuel Rewards Network. I recently enrolled in the network as a way to help ease the stress of stopping for gas.
FRN offers plenty of ways for you to save at the pump by shopping for everyday items like groceries, clothing, household items even for going to eat at a restaurant.
Ways you earn rewards include:
- Online Mall – Access nearly 700 brand name online merchants offering 5 cents per gallon for every qualifying $50 spent. Some online merchants may offer 2x, 5x, 10x rewards or more – so consumers can multiply their savings!
- Dining – Earn 10 cents per gallon for every qualifying $50 spent when dining at more than 10,000 participating restaurant locations nationwide.
- Shell Fuel Rewards – Purchase specially marked products inside the convenience store as well as car washes and auto services at participating Shell stations and earn Fuel Rewards savings.
- eCoupons – Digital coupons available for select retailers in select markets provide additional cents-per-gallon savings when the digital coupon is selected at fuelrewards.com and the item is subsequently purchased with the coupon at a participating retailer.
- Grocery & Other Programs – Buy the everyday things you need and earn Fuel Rewards savings from participating FRN program grocery stores and retailers. Link your participating grocer or other retailers’ rewards card to your FRN Account to combine your rewards for even more savings at the pump at Shell in select markets.
- NOTE: Ways to save and Shell station participation vary by market so you might not have to all or any of the ways to save. Check out fuelrewards.com for availability in your area.
My favorite part about the program aside from the rewards is that there is no cost to join and get started on the savings! Yes it is completely FREE to join. You can pick up a FRN card at a participating Shell gas station and activate it online. You can also visit fuelrewards.com and request a card. Once you rack up your rewards you can redeem your savings at your local shell station for up to 20 gallons. When I used my card I saved a $1 off per gallon so the price of gas before rewards was $3.23 per gallon when I activated my savings at the pump I was paying $2.23 per gallon.
Note: The savings will reset to zero once you have finished pumping your gas. So you can do like I did and wait until the light came on so that I can use the full 20 gallons or you can bring a gas can to take advantage of the full savings.
Now you can get the chance to see the savings for yourself enter to win 1 of 5 FRN Card preloaded with a $1/gallon saving good for up to 20 gallons.